August 17, 2008

Why Do You Take People's Abuse

Do you like yourself? Wait. Let me rephrase that. Do you love yourself?

Did you know that you, the creation of God, are supposed to love yourself? Did you know that? Some people are raised to believe that putting everyone's needs before their own makes them a good person. But that is the furthest from the truth. If you think about how God made you, and if you think about how special you are to Him and that you are a part of Him, wouldn't it make sense that He would want you to love yourself? Because loving yourself would mean that you respect and cherish His work. Think about that for a minute.


To take it a bit deeper, if you don't take care of yourself and you have many problems, and are abusing your body and mind, what good are you to your family, friends, and more importantly, to God? If you have children, how can you care for them the right way if you don't care about yourself? Loving yourself is what we are supposed to do. That's right. That means we come first before everyone else, including the kids. We must take care of our physical health, mental health, and our needs. Without these things, how can we care for anyone else? We are to take care of us first because that shows God that we treasure Him; it also shows Him that we love Him above anything because He is us, and we are Him. If that sounds confusing it's not. If He creates then we are the creations. If He gives us life then He is our lifelines. So if we don't take care of us first then we are neglecting, He, who gave us life. We must come first in every aspect.

Now please don't take this out of its context. I'm not telling anyone to neglect their children or family. I'm saying that unless you love you and cherish everyday of your life, how can you teach and give true love to anyone else? Caring about you means not taking abuse, as well. When we love ourselves we step away from abusive relationships. We step away from poisonous situations. We tell ourselves that life is too short and that we only have one. We examine what we feel and acknowledge that we are entitled to feel it; thereby understanding that we aren't some anonymous creature who should take a back seat to anything. We are entitled to it all; each and everyone of us. We are supposed to love ourselves enough to know that love, money, success, friends, health, and well being are our inherent rights. When did this idea about being at the bottom of the barrel mean that we are being Godly? I don't know what kind of God you know, but the God that I know says that we are to inherit the earth; and I'm getting what's mine. If you love yourself you would understand this.
If God made this world and all the riches in it, then He made it for those who dare to step out and take it; for those who believe that they are deserving of it. Don't you see? We aren't supposed to take abuse from anyone or anything; not even from ourselves.


Do you love yourself? If you don't, start reading up on how to learn it. Start praying and asking for divine direction. God wants you to put yourself first; that's the most important aspect. That shows Him that you love Him enough to keep your connection with Him. When we lose our connection with Him, we lose ourselves. Do you follow me? Loving Him and staying bonded to him requires that you take good care of yourself, on purpose. And when you do that He knows that you think He's worth it.

Listen, I'm not just spewing some philosophical jibber at you. I have read many books, researched many areas concerning well-being, I have prayed and meditated on it. I have dug deep to find the truth, and I still am. I will never be satisfied with just one answer. I want to hear it all, know it all, and be it all. And isn't that what we are here for? I will read a dozen books from the greatest minds of today, and I will take what I can from each book, mull it over, try to practice it, and then form my own theory about how to connect to God, about how to love myself even more, and about how I am deserving of all good things. Now that's what loving yourself means. Trying to be the best you that you can be. And you owe it to yourself to put you and your needs first--not in a narcissistic way, but in the Godly way.

Hey. I'm a creation of God, and I deserve the best. And I'm worth it!




©valentine defrancis. all rights reserved


Currently reading :
Master of the Realm: How the Spirit World Led Me to My Purpose
By Valentine deFrancis

No comments: