November 22, 2012

Christmas on Thanksgiving?




I’m sitting here in sweat pants and a sweat shirt, sweating my bunns off. It’s almost 65 degrees here in Staten Island, New York, and I’m thinking this is so weird. Outside, my neighbors’ homes are fully adorned in Christmas lights and Santas. I mean really! It was only Halloween a couple of weeks ago. Aren’t we skipping a holiday somewhere–like T h a n k s g i v i n g? Helloooo? We are going way too fast, folks! I am not ready for Christmas, people. I am not even ready for Thanksgiving. Heck, I’m still recovering from Labor Day. Is there a reason why we are rushing into all of this? Is Christmas going to disintergrate into space, never to be celebrated again?

I don’t want to think about Christmas while celebrating Thanksgiving, and I don’t want to hum Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and I don’t want to think about going into the mall to conquer mass crowds of moms toting their screaming kids. I don’t want to! Does that make me a scrooge? Can’t a girl bask in the warm weather and ponder the days of summer, just for a little while?

I could go on right now, and maybe bore you with stories about my past, but for now, I'm going to leave you all with this thought: Celebrate your days by appreciating the moment. If you stay in your past, you'll drown in years gone by. If you live for the future, you'll miss all the steps it took you to get there.

Peace.

No comments: